Rookie Republic Facts
- Winner of 3 international awards
- 40,000 ambitious minds reached
- Guided over 2,000 young aspiring entrepreneurs, ages 18-30, through work placement, networking seminars, and workshops
- 500 contestants participated in the challenge
- 30% of participants started a business within a year
- Exit surveys showed Rookie Challenge helped most with: inspiration, business plan, network.
- Founded in 2009 in Europe as The Enterprize Contest
50% men, 50% women (60% college students, 40% of participants worked or didn’t finish school or college)
1. European Enterprise Promotion Award – 2013
Rookie Republic was nominated for the European Enterprise Promotion Award and ended in the top ten of most successful initiatives that promote entrepreneurship across Europe.
The event also:
– draws attention to examples of outstanding entrepreneurship policies and practices
– creates a better sense of value of entrepreneurship
– serves to encourage and inspire potential entrepreneurs
2. Best Dutch initiative in Promoting Entrepreneurial Spirit – 2013
The Ministry of Economic Affairs awarded Rookie Republic as best initiative in promoting entrepreneurial spirit. The jury panel said:
– this program is very tangible, compact and focused,
– it is popular with a wide range of young people (16-30), from university to vocational schools,
– results are impressive and there is huge potential in every city in the world.
3. Runner up Event Awards (Gouden Giraffe) in The Netherlands – 2010
Rookie Republic, the most prestigious event-planning agency in The Netherlands, was awarded year’s best refreshing and out-of-the-box concept and best promotional campaign for a target group that is difficult to reach.